Synchro Master Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synchro Masters can all enjoy themselves here

HomeDBLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:42 pm
Top posters
Dragon King Calamity
Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_vote_lcapMask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_voting_barMask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_vote_rcap 
Remainz
Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_vote_lcapMask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_voting_barMask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 I_vote_rcap 
DarkAuraMaster
Podim1
Cheeze
Top posting users this month
No user

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkAuraMaster

DarkAuraMaster

Speed Counters : 7516

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Empty
PostSubject: Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1   Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Welcome to my series where I discuss Yang Zing tech cards, new options for Yang Zings, tips for link Yang Zings, and more! Today, we discuss the inclusion of an interesting card that could potentially be a useful 1, 2, or even 3 of tech card in Yang Zings.

And our card today is.... Mask Change 2???
Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Maskch14

Yes, I believe Yang Zings could tech this card in, or even possibly build a deck around it. If any of you are unfamiliar with the effect of this card:  Discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level; send it to the Graveyard, also, after that, if it left the field by this effect, Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Attribute, but a higher Level than, the Attribute/Level the monster had when it was on the field (its original Attribute/Level, if face-down. This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change"). You can only activate 1 "Mask Change II" per turn.

Ok, so we already have an effect that can send your Zings to the Graveyard, so you know what that means! Denglong abuse right off the bat!lol! :
Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Denglo11

As any Zing or Synchro player in general would know, its that Denglong is an extremely powerful card, and being able to automatically trigger its effect to summon say, a Jiaotu, is just even better.

The second thing we want to look at is the discard cost. This may look terrible at first, but it can actually be extremely useful to pitch dead cards like Chiwen, then use its Graveyard effect.

But let's get on to the more important thing, the Hero(s) you can Summon. Most of the time, you'll be ditching Denglong to summon Koga. Let's take a look at him:

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Latest?cb=20151029023407

A potential 5000 beater? Yes Please! Even if you don't make use of the attack boost effect all the time, he still is a 2500 beater that you can use to gain quick advantage off Denglong. Also, if you already used your other Masked Hero's (If you are running more than 1), his second effect can really come in handy for attacking over huge threats.

Here's an example of a combo this card could enable:
Cards needed: -Any way to turbo out Denglong from your hand
-1 Yang Zing in Hand
-Mask Change 2 and something to discard

Turbo out Denglong, search a Yang Zing, activate Mask Change 2, pitch a card (preferably Chiwen), Summon Koga, activate Denglong effect, summon Jiaotu, pitch 2 Zings, summon a zing and Zefraniu, make Baxia with Jiaotu and Zefraniu, spin with Baxia, activate Baxia, pop the other zing, trigger zing effect, Special Summon a Jiaotu from deck, and if you have chiwen in grave from Mask Change 2, trigger that. Then, summon Zefraniu from grave, summon another Baxia with the Jiaotu and Zefraniu, Baxia to pop the other Zing, Special Jiaotu again, then special a zefraniu from deck. Make a 3rd Baxia, obviously spin cards, and you can make a rank 8 with the 2 other Baxia, with a Baxia and Koga as well. Alternitavely, you can summon a level 4 or 3 zing and end off in a Coral Dragon, Chanbara, or whatever Level 5 or 6 Synchro you desire.

So, just to recap, with this combo, you can end your turn off with:
- Masked Hero Koga, 2 Baxia (Which = rank 8 ), and an extra Baxia, or if you prefer, a Coral Dragon, Hi- Speedroid Chanbara, T.g Hyper Librarian, or whatever Level 5 or Synchro you prefer.

So, 4-6 Spins from the Baxia, a 2500 beater, and potentially a Chanbara, you can Otk off a combo with Mask Change 2, yeah, I know! Crazy!

2300+2300+2500+4000= 11100 Damage!
Plus, even if you aren't an otk person, being able to spin 4-6, plus a Hope Harbinger:

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Latest?cb=20160318213658

You can also end in a Void Ogre Dragon, which can be a sick play combined with your Hope Harbinger.

Sure, it's a Five Card Combo, but with so many ways to turbo out Denglong (A Dino Engine, A D/D/D Engine, the 1 of Terrortop, it's still useable people!) and the decks ability to run good draw cards like Pot Of Desires, this combo can easily be achieved, and gives you Koga on board, who can be a huge beast.

Alternatively, the card also can open up combos in Quasar Zings, Tzolkin Zings, or whatever you fancy. I think this card definitely deserves more research in Zings, and has so much potential to extending the decks consistency, plays, resilience, and Otk power.

1 other thing I'd like to discuss is other Masked Hero's you could tech in if you so choose to.

1st one is Dark Law obviously, since you can activate Jiaotu's effect, then chain Mask Change 2 from your hand, getting you a Special and a Dark Law. :

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Latest?cb=20150920154354

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Latest?cb=20170330170848

You can also tech in other Masked Heros, such as Blast, Vapor, Anki, Divine Wind, and Dian, though I can't gurantee how often they will come up.

One last thing, Soul Charge could be a potentially useful card, as you can use Mask Change then Charge back your monsters that you used for Mask Change 2, extending your plays and combos.

I defiantly think this card has potential as a 1 or 2 of tech in Yang Zings, or maybe even a 3 of. It defiantly is worth researching the potential of this card in Zings, and I think with more research study  we can draw out the potential of this card in Zings, or Synchro decks in general.

Last edited by DarkAuraMaster on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)
Back to top Go down
Podim1

Podim1

Speed Counters : 7518

PostSubject: Re: Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1   Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Yea I agree with you Auramaster Mask change is a great side deck option for the ink meta coming in September. especially depending on how Konami goes with the ban list (Ban-Drident, mol and limit barrage) a card like Dark law would be a great asset against zoo and True Draco shutting them out of their graveyard and one add.
Back to top Go down
DarkAuraMaster

DarkAuraMaster

Speed Counters : 7516

PostSubject: Re: Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1   Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Yeah agreed, and being able to auto trigger Denglong is just fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1   Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mask Change 2? In Yang Zings? Discussing Yang Zing Tech Episode 1
Page 1 of 1